Ehehe, I finally did it!
Now, our favorite Roman dweeb can be awesome, like this ⬆
But then, he can also be a real, well, dweeb sometimes. Sadly, I don’t have a picture of his dweebiness. And don’t complain, I spent like 30 minutes looking for one. But yes, on to why Rory is awesome. I’ve decided that listing all the bits about why he is awesome would take too long since he is epic, so you lot just get a list of all the episodes he’s been in and all the things he’s done awesomely.
- He manages to find Prisoner Zero by taking pictures of hospital patients. While all the other people are looking at the sun going wibbly, RORY FREAKING WILLIAMS ignores all that and does his own thing. I don’t know if this is bad or good, actually.
- He uses a broom to fight off the Saturnyn Fransisco. He also makes a your mama joke to it. Ehehe…
- He is the Last Centurion. That is all.
- He would wait 2000 years for his wife. That’s some dedication there, Amy. You better hold on to him.
- He would die for his wife. It happened in The Hungry Earth/Cold Blood, Amy’s Choice, The Curse of the Black Spot, Day of the Moon, The Doctor’s Wife, and the Angels Take Manhattan. I’m pretty sure I missed something.
- In AGMGtW, he turns back into the Roman, blows up a Cyberfleet with a single question, and goes to war to get Amy back. This bit deserves a number of it’s own.
- He punches Hitler, several Nazis, and locks Hitler in a cupboard all in one episode.
- He didn’t care that Amy grew old, he cared that they didn’t grow old together.Like I said, Amy, you have one fine Roman.
- He canonically does not have a fear. When they were in the ‘Hotel of fears’, Rory didn’t have a room. At least, we didn’t see him have a room, so I will choose to think that he is fearless.
- He withstood huge amounts of pain to save Amy, even though she didn’t even know he existed in that universe. We see him standing there, holding a gun all stoic-like, and you would never know that the eye patch had activated if you were to look at him. I mean damn, Rory is a bamf.
- He and his dad piloted a spaceship to safety and away from certain doom. Did I mention his dad had no experience whatsoever with TARDIS life before this happened? Even Rory’s parents are awesome.
And that’s why Rory Williams is one of my favorite companions. If you liked this post, go check out my other ones!