Ehehe, you know the drill. But just in case you don’t, SPOILERS! River, the period of avoidance still isn’t over. Not by a long shot.
Now, I love Donna Noble. My desktop is even a photoedit of her. See?
I’m going to follow the format of Martha’s post and list my reasons for fangirling over dear Mrs. Temple-Noble in number list form.
- She is such a badass. She doesn’t put up with any of the Doctor’s normal crap. She will tell him, long and loudly, when he’s being annoying. She is full of empathy. She is sarcastic, funny, and awesome.
- They didn’t portray her as a romantic interest for the Doctor. Martha and Rose’s storylines of romance were well-written, I can say that, but this redheaded ball of sarcastic energy who doesn’t take s*** from anyone is a breath of fresh air. Her relationship with the Doctor is more of brother/sister than friend/friend. The two get in fights, laugh together, and support each other throughout Donna’s run, and I love that.
- She is so big-hearted and she sticks with her friends. She displays a massive amount of empathy for almost everyone we see her encounter. When they go to Pompeii, she instantly supports Evelina when it is clear that she needs someone. There is never any jealousy or animosity between Donna, Martha, and Rose. Frankly, it would have been so easy for RTD to write the story like that. But no, Donna makes friends with the two right away. She even befriends Miss Evangelista, who is the stereotypical pretty, unintelligent young assistant.
- She looks real. She is definitely not the ‘normal’ stick-thin, conventionally pretty 20-something year old that people love to cast. She. Looks. Real.
- These videos will explain the rest.
And that’s why I love Donna Noble. I wish I had a longer list, but I’m writing this at 11:50pm and I don’t have time to add any more reasons or the post will be late. If you liked this post, go check out my other ones!