Hey guys. So, today I’m gonna post about Earth Day. As you probably know, Earth day is on the 22nd of April this year. To celebrate Earth Day, I want you guys to do as many of you can of the following.
- Try to walk, run, or take a bike for close places you need to go to. For example, instead of using a car to drive the 2 minute trip to the library, you can just walk there. You’re saving the environment and getting exercise. That way, it’s a win-win situation.
- If you do take a walk, bring a bag and pick up any litter you see along the way.
- Wear green.
- Gather all your recyclable trash (and maybe even your neighbors’) and take them all to be recycled.
- Organize a craft sale where the only things you sell are made from recycled trash.
- Take things you would normally throw away (for example a magazine or newspaper) and make something out of it. You could turn an old, out-of-date magazine into a cool basket. All you need to do is cut strips out and weave them. For a tutorial, click here. If you don’t like the idea of making a basket or you don’t want to, click here for more suggestions.
- Volunteer to pick up trash along a road.
- After you read this, get up and go outside. Take a walk and pick up any trash you might notice.
As you can see, there are lots of things you can do to celebrate Earth Day.To celebrate Earth Day, I’m taking plastic bags, turning them into yarn, and crocheting them into coasters and things to sell. What are you going to do?
Remember, the Earth’s resources are limited, and we need to do everything we can to save them before they run out. Think about what you are leaving your children and grandchildren. A world full of pollution, sickness, and poverty, full of violence, waste, and hate. Do you want to leave this here when you die? No. You want to give them a world full of love, of health and peace. You want to give them a world where there is no suffering, no sickness, and no pollution. If we don’t act now, none of these good things will be left for the future generations. Start going green, and maybe we can stop the badness growing in our world.
Tell me what you’re going to do on Earth Day and how you’re going to go green by leaving a comment below.